[妙手] 【转帖】一個英文版的妙手仁心續集

[妙手] 【转帖】一個英文版的妙手仁心續集

這個故事是我大概兩三年之前看到的,我不知道大家有沒有看過,所以我把它轉過來給大家看看。但是故事太長,所以我想我要分開幾天把它貼上來
故事由JACKIE的手術前開始

Healing Hand II by Snow Dolphin

Jackie sat on her bed and gazed silently into space. There was fear now, fear that she would never see all her friends again. Fear that she would never have a chance to banter with them again, fear that her ‘sister’ would lose someone to have a heart-to-heart chat with, whenever she felt like it. But, most of all, fear that after this day was gone, she would never again have another day to spend with her beloved. She would do anything to gain more time, just to do even the most mundane task with her beloved.
Suddenly, the door crashed open, in Annie’s typical attention grabbing entrance. “Hey, Jackie!”
“Well, I’m not his only patient, you know?” Jackie grinned. “And, you call yourself my ‘sister’. Where are my flowers?”
“I will go with you for a brief visit before I go home.” Henry suggested, patting Paul on the back, serious for once in his life. “Come on, let’s go.”  
On so saying, the two of them continued down the hallway, towards Jackie’s room. Upon reaching it, Paul reached out to open the door, only to be surprised by the sight before him. There, Annie was sleeping peacefully on a chair beside Jackie’s bed, both of their hands entwined. Henry, on the other hand, was, to his extreme discomfort, rather touched by the scene before him. He had never realised just how vulnerable Annie was. He had always thought that Annie was too strong to require a guy by her side, but he might be wrong. If that was the case, then perhaps, it was not too late for him to court Annie.
“So, what do you say? Should we go in or just leave?”
“It’s up to you. You are Jackie’s boyfriend, not me.”
“I think we should just go, I can come back tomorrow morning.”
“Fine, but what about Annie. Do you wanna leave her here? I think she will get a backache from sleeping in that chair all night.”
“You want to send her home?”
“I don’t know.”
Suddenly confused, Henry was at a loss as to what to do. Finally, he entered the room, lifted Annie into his arms gently, and carried her to the couch at a corner of the room. He then proceeded to cover her with a blanket. Amazingly enough, Annie slept through it all.
“Alright, let’s go. And, not a word of this to anyone, or else.... Never mind, no matter what you say, I’m just going to deny it all.”
Paul laughed, one of his rare ones on that fateful day.
“So, you do have a soft spot for that lady, and here, I thought that perhaps, you are really cold blooded.”
“Shut up!” Henry retorted as he ushered Paul out of the room, closing the door gently after them. “Do you still wanna go home?”
“Of course I do.”
Paul replied, before hurrying down the hallway after his best friend, cum apartment mate. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
</P>

</P>

****** </P>

Paul’s Room</P>

11.42pm <o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

Paul leaned back against his armchair, staring into space. He could not get to sleep, realising that it was a bad idea for him to return that day. He should have remained at the hospital at Jackie’s side, where he could keep an eye on her. Yet, he was reluctant to disturb the peace that Annie seemed to find by staying with Jackie. He guessed he would just have to settle for staying by her side throughout the next night. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he caught a movement at the doorway.</P>

“Come on in, why are the both of you being so secretive?” </P>

Sheepishly, Henry and Gilbert entered the room. </P>

“We thought you might need some company.” </P>

Gilbert said as he made himself comfortable on Paul’s bed. </P>

“Well, I don’t mind some company.....” </P>

“Do I sense a ‘but’ there?” </P>

Henry cut in. </P>

“Of course not. I was just thinking that I would rather be with Jackie right now, you know. No offense to you guys.” </P>

Paul quickly added. </P>

“I’m offended.” Henry joked. “So, you are the type to care more for partners than friends.” </P>

“No... that’s not what I mean...” </P>

“Oh come on, Henry, let the poor guy off. He has suffered enough already.” </P>

As soon as the words came out of his mouth, Gilbert regretted it. To ease the sudden air of sadness in the room, Henry asked Gilbert about Annie. </P>

“I don’t know, I have never seen Annie like that before. But then again, nothing major has ever happened in our family before.” </P>

“Well, I think it just shows the more human side of your sister, when she’s always this cool lady. I think I like this more feminine side of her.” </P>

“Say, Henry, don’t tell me you are falling for my sister again?” </P>

“So what if I am? I do have a soft spot for her, you know.” </P>

“Henry, you’d better decide if you are really serious about her this time. It’s really not fair for her to get hurt by you twice.” </P>

Paul joined in the conversation. </P>

“Hey, what’s this? When did you two become Annie’s protectors? Don’t worry, this time, I’m serious.” </P>

“Let’s see if Annie will accept you again.” </P>

Gilbert couldn’t resist jibing at Henry. </P>

“I have my own ways.” Henry retorted. “Don’t you know that no woman can resist me?” </P>

“Urrgghh...” </P>

Both Paul and Gilbert pretended to puke. </P>

“I can’t be bothered to talk to you guys. Goodnight!” </P>

Henry got off the bed, and returned to his room. </P>

“I’m going too.” Gilbert patted Paul on the shoulder. “Don’t think too much. Tomorrow will be a better day.” </P>

Paul smiled. </P>

“Thank you, Gil. Goodnight.<o:p></o:p></P>

</P>

</FONT>第一次看到apple的Annie英文日记,我已经很激动;现在看见bonnie辛苦贴过来的HH英文续集,我不知何以表达我的感动。只能说Thank Goodness!谢谢bonnie!这样的新春礼物,实在太令我激动了,奖励一下。 by Felin</B></FONT></P>

</P>

回复: 【转帖】一個英文版的妙手仁心續集

Paul's apartment
The Next Day
8.36am <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p>
</o:p></font></font></b>

<font color=" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Morning, guys!” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Hey, Paul, where are you going off so early to?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Gilbert asked as he turned around in his seat at the table. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I’m going to visit Jackie before my shift starts.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Oh, ok. I will be by to see her later.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Sure, I will tell her that. See you later then.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Don’t you want some breakfast?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“No, I’m not hungry.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>aul answered before going out of the house, leaving Gilbert to stare at empty air for a moment before he turned to look at Henry opposite him. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Do you think he’s fine? Can you remember when was the last time he ate anyway? And, why is he talking as if Jackie’s awake?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>He added as an after thought. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I think Paul’s accepting this better than any of us expected, and as for the way he’s talking, I think he’s trying to make things as normal as possible. Anyway, what makes you so sure that Jackie won’t understand what we say to her?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Gilbert shrugged. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I don’t know. It’s just a thought. Come on, hurry up and eat, I need a lift from you.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>****** <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Hospital
Jackie’s Room
9.11am <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>aul entered the room quietly, surprised to find Annie still there. He would have expected her to be gone by the time he got there. He walked to her side and tapped her gently on the shoulder, not wanting to alarm her. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Jackie!” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Shh, it’s Paul, Annie.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Oh, Paul, it’s you. For a while there, I thought it was Jackie, waking me up.” Annie sat up on the couch and rubbed her eyes, before realizing her position. “How did I end up here?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Henry carried you here last night.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Carried me?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>aul nodded before sitting down beside Annie on the couch. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Both Henry and I stopped by last night and saw you sleeping beside Jackie. Henry carried you over here so that you would be more comfortable. He was also the one who covered you with a blanket. By the way, don’t let him know that I told you about this, he didn’t want you to know about it.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Why wouldn’t he want me to know about it?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I don’t know, but I do know that he still cares very much for you.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Annie turned her head away, uncomfortable with the direction that this conversation was going. Suddenly, she felt Paul’s hand covered one of hers. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Annie, are you alright? We thought you had gone home after visiting Jackie yesterday, why did you come back? I know you are as upset as I am about Jackie, but you have to take care of yourself too, Jackie needs you to be strong for her.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I know. It just takes some getting used to, I guess. I didn’t want to stay at the apartment alone.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Do you want to come stay with us these few days?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“No, I’m fine. I promise. I guess I’d better go. I still need to go to work.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Paul nodded. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Just promise that you will come to us if you need anything.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I will. Thank you, Paul.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>On a sudden impulse, Annie leaned over and gave Paul a hug before heading for Jackie’s bed. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Hey, Jackie, I have to go now. I will come and see you again later this evening. Bye Paul!” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Annie said and left the room, leaving a concerned Paul staring after her. Shaking his head, he went over to Jackie’s bed, and leaned down to place a kiss on her forehead. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Hey beautiful, I’m back again. I didn’t spend the night here because I know that Annie needed the night here with you. I will try to spend every night here with you from now on till you wake up, alright?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>He went over to the windows to draw back the curtains before returning to the bed. Taking a seat by the bed, he took Jackie’s hand. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“It looks like a good day today, so, I don’t think your rainbow will appear just yet. You know what? I have a feeling that the day a rainbow appears just outside this window will be the day that you wake up. Do you remember when you told me that you hope to see a rainbow one of these days? Somehow, I just know that your wish will be fulfilled very soon.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Paul continued chatting to Jackie till it was time for his shift to start. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I have to go to work now, but I will be back again after work.” Paul smiled and kissed Jackie gently on the lips. “See you later.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>That Night
7.05pm </FONT></FONT><FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Paul, Henry, Joe and Gilbert entered Jackie’s room, surprised to find Annie already there. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Hey, Annie, what are you doing here?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Gilbert asked. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“In case you have not noticed, Jackie is my very best friend, so why should it surprise you that I am here?” Annie retorted immediately. “Anyway, don’t you guys have to work?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“We are after shift now, and we are thinking of going to After Five, do you want to come with us?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Joe spoke up. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Uhh, no, I don’t think so. I’m rather tired today, and I need to go to court tomorrow, so, I think I will pass. Well, I’d better go now, I’ve been here for quite a while anyway. Bye!” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Annie muttered, avoiding their eyes as she bade farewell to Jackie before fleeing the room. All four pairs of eyes stared at the door for a moment before settling on one another. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Hey, Gilbert, what’s wrong with your sis?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Joe nudged Gilbert. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I don’t know. Maybe you should ask Henry.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Two pairs of eyes turned in Henry’s direction while, ignoring their bickering, Paul just walked to Jackie’s side. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Why me? I’m not even her brother. Don’t you think you are looking at the wrong guy?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Henry muttered, not liking the way the other two guys were looking at him. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Gilbert crossed his arms. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“We think it’s because of you that Annie is fleeing. Perhaps she doesn’t want to see you?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Henry shrugged off their thoughts and continued to Jackie’s bedside. “Jackie, I think you’d better wake up soon and find out what’s wrong with your best friend. She is acting a bit weird these days.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Paul looked up. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Cute way of trying to wake Jackie up. Don’t you think maybe it’s partly to do with you?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Why me again? Hey, are you guys ganging up on me or what? Anyway, I’m not going there with you.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>The guys continued their bantering and it was an hour later before Gilbert and Joe announced that they are leaving. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“So, who’s coming to After Five with us?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I don’t think I’m going.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Paul replied. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Umm... Paul...” Joe spoke but was quickly hushed by Henry and Gilbert. “Ok then, guess we’d better go now before it’s too late. Henry?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“You guys go ahead first, I will catch up with you later.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Fine, see you later then!” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Joe answered as he and Gilbert went off. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Hey Henry, I never thought I would ever see you miss a chance to go to After Five.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“There are still some things that you don’t know about me.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Henry said smugly, before going to sit on the couch. Although he never revealed the true reason for not going with the two guys to After Five, secretly, he was hoping that Annie would return to the hospital later in the night. After another hour had passed and he was ready to give up, there came a soft knock at the door. Both guys looked up in surprise as Annie entered the room again, this time, dressed more casually. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Uhh.. Hi! I didn’t know you guys were still here. I thought you said you are going to After Five?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Only Gil and Joe went. What are you doing back here? Thought you said you are tired?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Paul asked, concerned. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I was but not anymore, so I thought I would come back here and keep Jackie company.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Annie replied, going towards Jackie’s bed. At this point of the conversation, Henry decided to intervene. He walked towards Annie, and whispered. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Annie, I think Paul wants to spend the night here with Jackie, he couldn’t sleep the whole of last night, maybe we should just leave him alone with Jackie for the moment.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Annie looked at him in surprise, as if just noticing him in the room. Then, she turned towards Paul, temping down the growing feeling of disappointment and sadness. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Hey, Paul, I think I’d better go. You need to spend time with Jackie too. I will come back tomorrow to see her.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“It’s ok...” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Really, I’m serious. See you tomorrow!” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>With a forced smile, Annie turned to leave the room. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I’m sending her home. I will come again tomorrow.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Henry told Paul before he hurried out of the room after Annie, finally leaving Paul alone with Jackie. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Paul gave a sigh before turning his attention back to Jackie. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Hey, Jackie, I’m kinda worried about Annie, you know, I’ve never seen her so uncertain before, she’s like... lost. I know she needs you a lot as well, you’d better wake up soon, I’m not sure how long this can continue.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Paul gently kissed Jackie’s hand before continuing. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Have I told you yet how much I love you? I love you, Jackie, and I need you. I never realize how important you are to me, until it’s too late. No, sorry, it’s not too late yet. I know you will wake up. I need you in my life, Jackie, to cheer me up whenever I’m down, to give me support whenever I need it... “ <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Paul talked to Jackie till late in the night, before exhaustion finally overtook him, and he laid his head down on the bed beside Jackie, falling into a deep sleep. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Meanwhile </FONT></FONT><FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>After leaving Jackie’s room, Henry managed to catch up to Annie, and offered to drive her home, only to be rejected. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I can go home by myself.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I still think it's best if I drive you home.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Henry insisted, and pulled a reluctant Annie along with him to his car. Ignoring the animosity that was apparent in the car, he drove Annie home. Upon reaching her apartment, he invited himself up for a cup of coffee, leaving a helpless Annie exasperated but following along. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>As soon as they entered the apartment, Henry pulled Annie to the couch with him. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Annie...” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I thought you wanted a cup of coffee? Let me make you one and then you can be on your way.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Annie stood up, preparing to walk away, only to be pulled back by Henry. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Will you just let me say a few words?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>After a moment’s hesitation, Annie relented. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>A look of relief flashed briefly across Henry’s face before he let go of Annie’s hand to take out a lighter from his pocket. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I bought this specially for you. Will you let me be your only lighter from this moment on?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I gave up smoking a few days ago.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Annie’s answer stunned Henry for a moment before he regained his composure. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Well then, I guess it’s this lighter’s tough luck that it didn’t have the chance to be of service to a beautiful girl.” Henry threw the lighter on the table infront of them. “But, the lighter’s owner would never give up. Annie, you know what I’m asking of you.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“What? What do you want?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“I know I have hurt you many times in the past, and I can’t promise you that I won’t do so again in future, but I can promise you that I’m going to change. No one can foretell the future, but as long as we are happy together, who cares what will happen. As long as we love each other, nothing can deter us. Annie, I love you, can you give me another chance, and let us start all over again?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Tears welled in Annie’s eyes. Sensing a victory, Henry took the chance and pulled Annie into his arms. After a moment of struggle, Annie went into his arms willingly, and hugged him tight. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“You promise to change?” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>“Yes, I do. I will try my best not to hurt you ever again.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>Satisfied with that, Annie simply laid her head down on Henry’s shoulder, closing her eyes in bliss. </FONT></FONT>

由于本人的英文水平不是很好,所以里面有许多东西看不懂,希望那位好心的同学可以帮忙翻译,我在此说声谢谢了

Jackie’s Hospital Room
A Few Days Later
8.34pm
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

<b><font color=" /><o:p></o:p>

Annie took hold of Jackie’s hand, a ritual she had done for so many times that it had become more of a habit than a conscious action on her part now. <o:p></o:p>

“Jackie, it’s Annie, can you hear me? I know you can, so why don’t you try to response?” <o:p></o:p>

Tears threatened to fall from Annie’s eyes. Even after so many days, Annie still found it hard to accept the fact that her best friend was in a coma, and might never wake up. After a moment, she collected herself. <o:p></o:p>

“I actually have good news for you today. Jackie, do you believe that a leopard can change it's spots? Well, guess what? Henry and I are back together again. He has really changed for the better, you know. He’s more attentive to me now, more sensitive too, and from what I know, he has not look at another girl from the moment he asked me to be his girlfriend again.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie laughed. <o:p></o:p>

“Find it hard to believe, huh? I find it hard to believe myself. I know what you would tell me if you were awake, you would tell me to appreciate him and everything around me, and not to worry about anything else. Sometimes, I wonder how you can say that to others but not act on it yourself. You are always the worrywart, worrying about how others would be affected if you do something.” <o:p></o:p>

She clenched Jackie’s hand tighter. <o:p></o:p>

“I’m surprised that you have not woken up by now, seeing as how you are always worrying about others. Don’t you worry that everyone is very concerned about you, especially Paul? It has only been a few days, but he has already lost weight. I’m sure you don’t want him to suffer, do you? For his sake, you have to try harder! Oh well, today’s Saturday, so I’m going to spend the night here with you again, and we can talk to our heart’s contents till day break.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie’s Hospital Room
5 Months Later
3.16pm

“Jackie, I’m here again. I know you can hear me. You don’t seem to be trying hard enough. You have to try harder to wake up. You have to try harder for Paul’s sake, no one’s suffering more than he is. If only you could see him now, so run down. He has not taken a day’s break since you went into a coma, do you know that? He says that he has to work everyday so that he can be closer to you, and that he can be told at once if there are any changes in you. You may not be able to see it, but there were a few times when I know Paul tried very hard not to break down. Sometimes, I think he would feel better if he would only just let go. ” <o:p></o:p>

Annie’s tone changed from persuading to threatening. <o:p></o:p>

“If you don’t wake up soon, Paul is going to be snatched away by somebody else. No girls can resist him for long, you know.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie sighed, knowing that this might not work either. She had tried all forms of tactics for five months already, but nothing had ever worked. <o:p></o:p>

“On another note, there are a few new doctors in the hospital. Surprisingly, I have never managed to meet any of them, though Henry had told me about them. They are here to kind of take over your job, when A & E got shorthanded.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie’s Hospital Room
10 Months Later
9.48pm

“Hey Jackie, how do you feel today? Guess what?” Annie grabbed Jackie’s hand excitedly. “Henry proposed to me today, but I turned him down, and before you say anything, he understands why.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie leaned her chin on their joined hands. <o:p></o:p>

“I told him that I would not marry him until you wake up. And, before you start scolding me, have you forgotten about our agreement about being each other’s maid of honor? How could I even think of marrying when my best friend is not with me? I hope this is incentive enough for you to wake up.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie turned solemn. <o:p></o:p>

“When will you ever wake up? Paul is holding up surprisingly well, though he is still looking rather run down. And, I know that he still reads ‘Le Petit Prince’ to you from time to time.” She grinned. <o:p></o:p>

“I know, I know, you hate it when I say that in French because no matter how I teach you, you can never get the sound of it right. Jackie, everyone misses you so much, even your nosiness and incessant chattering, what we would give to hear that again. The apartment seems so empty without you, though there is Henry there now to keep me company occasionally, it is still not the same. I miss you so much!” <o:p></o:p>

Hospital Cafeteria
14 months after Jackie’s operation
1.22pm

In a rare moment, Paul, Henry, Gilbert, Joe, Helen, Carmen and a few other doctors, including a couple of new ones, were having lunch together. Tracy sat next to Paul at the table, trying to find a chance to get closer to the handsome doctor. She had hoped that she had finally made some leeway in her pursuit, since he had been really kind towards her lately. <o:p></o:p>

"aul?" Henry called. <o:p></o:p>

"Yep?" Paul replied. <o:p></o:p>

"You wanna go to After Five with me and Annie tonight?" <o:p></o:p>

"No, I don't think so." <o:p></o:p>

"Oh come on, you haven't been there for a while. I think you are getting too boring." <o:p></o:p>

Paul laughed. <o:p></o:p>

"Oh well..." <o:p></o:p>

"Hey!" <o:p></o:p>

In a simultaneous action, everyone at the table turned around to look at the owner of that exuberant cry. Henry smiled upon hearing that voice, while those who knew the owner simply smiled. <o:p></o:p>

"Hey yourself, beautiful." <o:p></o:p>

Henry replied before pulling Annie, who had reached them by now, down for a kiss. <o:p></o:p>

"Oh cut it out, you two!" <o:p></o:p>

Gilbert joked, pretending to throw a napkin at the couple. <o:p></o:p>

That brought a round of laughter to the table, before everyone shifted to make way for Annie beside Henry. <o:p></o:p>

"So, how come you are all having lunch together today?" <o:p></o:p>

Annie enquired. <o:p></o:p>

"Nothing special, we all just happened to be having the same free time today, of which I am regretting." <o:p></o:p>

Henry answered, with a pointed look at Gilbert, who just stared back at him unabashedly. <o:p></o:p>

Paul noticed that there were droplets of water on Annie’s hair and clothes. <o:p></o:p>

"Why are you all wet? Is it raining? The sun seems to be rather bright to me." <o:p></o:p>

"It didn't exactly pour, if that's what you mean. There was just a light shower on my way here. Oh yeah, I saw a really beautiful rainbow too. I think you can still catch it if you look out of the window now." <o:p></o:p>

Hearing the word 'rainbow', an air of sadness seemed to descend over Paul, although he tried to mask it. Not knowing what brought on that sadness, but determined to get rid of it, Tracy decided to broach a new subject. <o:p></o:p>

"So, you are Henry’s girlfriend?" <o:p></o:p>

Annie looked at her in amusement. <o:p></o:p>

"So, I see that my reputation has preceded me. Yep, I have the unfortunate honor of being Henry’s girlfriend. And, you are?" <o:p></o:p>

Henry nudged Annie. <o:p></o:p>

"What unfortunate? I should say really fortunate! Oh, I forgot that I have not introduced you guys yet, but I think I have told you about them. Tracy has been working here for a while already, that I forgot you have not met her before, and a few of the others too, I believe." <o:p></o:p>

He indicated with a nod of his head. <o:p></o:p>

"This is Tracy, also working in the A & E. She is actually kind of taking over Jackie, since we got a bit shorthanded. And, that is Anson, who....." <o:p></o:p>

The rest of the words were lost to Paul as he gazed out of the window, visualizing how the scene would be like if Jackie were there. He knew that the whole place would definitely become noisier and livelier. Jackie had a way about her of lighting up a place wherever she went. He turned his attentions back to the conversation at the table just as Henry finished with the introductions. <o:p></o:p>

"Hey, Annie, is there a great sale today?" <o:p></o:p>

Tracy nodded at the huge bag that Annie had brought along with her, from which a huge present could be seen peeking out. <o:p></o:p>

"Oh," Annie hesitated, stealing a look at Paul before continuing. "Today is Jackie's birthday. I got that for her." <o:p></o:p>

This time, the mention of Jackie’s name brought a palpable sense of gloom to the table, as everyone who knew her looked down solemnly. <o:p></o:p>

"Why didn’t anyone remind me of her birthday? Now, she's going to kill me for not buying her a gift." <o:p></o:p>

Gilbert complained, trying to lighten the mood. <o:p></o:p>

"aul..." <o:p></o:p>

Annie covered his hand with hers. <o:p></o:p>

"Yes?" Paul smiled. "Don't worry, Annie, I'm fine. Time flies, doesn't it? It's been more than a year already. I nearly forgot about her birthday myself. And Gilbert, at least you won't be as badly injured as I will be if I had forgotten about her birthday." He added. <o:p></o:p>

That finally eased the tension as everyone grinned. Tracy and Anson looked on at the scene before them. They were really curious about this Jackie, who had the power to change the mood of everyone, even though she was not present. They had learnt about her from their colleagues, and knew that she was well liked by all. <o:p></o:p>

At the same time, they were rather envious too of the bond of friendship that they had witnessed before them, and which obviously helped them through the difficult period. Secretly though, both longed to be a part of that circle of friends, to be able to banter with them with ease, to be able to share everything so openly. Tracy, for her part, hoped too that she could be the one to replace Jackie in Paul's heart; she had also heard that the couple was dating when Jackie underwent the operation. <o:p></o:p>

The doctors resumed eating as they realized that they had lingered too long already. Nonchalantly, Annie took a sip of Henry's drink. <o:p></o:p>

"Hey, that's mine." <o:p></o:p>

"Oh, don't be a baby. I just took a sip." <o:p></o:p>

Paul shook his head as he resumed eating. He remembered a comment he had once made about the two of them; about how destructive it would be if they were at loggerheads, since when they were together, they were already arguing non-stop. <o:p></o:p>

"aul." <o:p></o:p>

Tracy trailed the straw round in her glass of drink. <o:p></o:p>

"Yes?" <o:p></o:p>

"I... I was wondering if you are free this Saturday night?" <o:p></o:p>

"I guess so, why?" <o:p></o:p>

"Would you like to catch a movie with me?" <o:p></o:p>

"I..." <o:p></o:p>

Before Paul could answer any further, he was interrupted by the sudden appearance of a nurse by his side. <o:p></o:p>

"Dr Ching." <o:p></o:p>

He looked up. <o:p></o:p>

"Yes?" <o:p></o:p>

"Dr Yong sent me to find you. He said that Dr Tong is finally responding." <o:p></o:p>

That startled Paul so much that he dropped the spoon he had been holding, unaware of the rice splashing everywhere. <o:p></o:p>

“What?” <o:p></o:p>

“Dr Yong was doing his round, and he was in Dr Tong’s room when he asked me to come and find you. He said that...” <o:p></o:p>

Before the nurse had even finished the sentence, Paul was out of his seat and rushing out of the cafeteria, followed closely by Annie, Henry and Gilbert. <o:p></o:p>

“Hey, wait for me!” <o:p></o:p>

Joe yelled, as he waited for the others to catch up before running to Jackie’s room too.

Jackie’s Hospital Room

The door to Jackie’s room slammed open, startling the doctor who was busy studying Jackie’s chart. He looked up to see a breathless Paul entering the room. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

“Oh hi, Paul. I can see that you didn’t waste any time getting here.” <o:p></o:p>

“David,” Paul acknowledged his colleague. “Did Jackie really respond?” <o:p></o:p>

“Well, her vitals appear to be the same now, though I did detect a little something more earlier on. Here, talk to her, maybe that will help.” <o:p></o:p>

By now, everyone had entered the room, while Annie, Henry, Gilbert, Helen, Joe and Carmen crowded round the bed. <o:p></o:p>

Paul sat beside Jackie’s bed, and took her hand gently. <o:p></o:p>

“Jackie, it’s Paul. Can you hear me? If you can, let me know, just do something to let me know that you can hear me. Jackie, come on, open your eyes,” <o:p></o:p>

He kissed Jackie’s hand, before trying again. <o:p></o:p>

“Happy birthday, Jackie. Do you know that today is your birthday? We are planning a birthday party for you. Annie is also here. She has brought you a huge present! Actually, everyone is here, Henry, Gilbert, Helen, Joe... We are all just waiting to see you wake up, to see that playful smile of yours again. Come on, Jackie, I’m sure you don’t want to disappoint us, right? Today is such a nice day too. Annie told me that she saw a rainbow on her way here, and that it is still here. If you wake up now, you can still see it. It’s just outside your window.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul echoed the words which he had uttered such a long time ago. On so saying, he got up, and went to draw back the drapes, so that Jackie would be able to see the rainbow, which to his relief, was still there, when she woke up. <o:p></o:p>

He returned to her bedside, and resumed his appeal. <o:p></o:p>

“Jackie, do you know long we have waited for this miracle? Do you know how long you have been sleeping? Come on, sleeping beauty, it’s time for you to wake up.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul had to choke out his last words, as disappointment overwhelmed him. It had been fifteen minutes since he first entered the room. Even though he tried to remain optimistic, he was not so sure that what David had seen was just his imagination. <o:p></o:p>

Annie could feel the tears welling up in her eyes. She had been so sure that her best friend would open her eyes any moment now, yet, after seeing Paul talking to her for so long, there was not even a response. Henry placed his arm around her, tucking her to his side. On seeing how devastated Paul was becoming, Annie decided to try. She walked to his side. <o:p></o:p>

“Here, Paul, let me try.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul looked up, and seemed to only then acknowledge the presence of others in the room. <o:p></o:p>

“Yeah, Paul, let Annie try.” <o:p></o:p>

Gilbert encouraged. <o:p></o:p>

Paul finally nodded, and allowed Annie to replace him on the chair. <o:p></o:p>

Annie picked up Jackie’s hand, rubbing it absent-mindedly. <o:p></o:p>

“Hey, Jackie, it’s time to wake up. All of us have been waiting ages for you to just wake up. You have been sleeping for a long time already, don’t you know that? It’s time to get up and face the world again. There’s Paul too. He has slimmed down so much in the last few months, spending every moment he can spare with you. You wouldn’t want to disappoint him, would you.” <o:p></o:p>

She leaned in closer to Jackie, whispering in her ear. <o:p></o:p>

“There’s this new doctor in the ER, who is replacing you. Even though I have only just met her, I can see that she is interested in Paul. You'd better wake up if you don’t want Paul to be snatched away by someone else.” <o:p></o:p>

She leaned back again, resuming her normal tone, leaving everyone looking on in bemusement, as they wondered what Annie had just whispered to Jackie. <o:p></o:p>

“It’s your birthday today, and I think it’s the best present you can give yourself if you wake up now. I even have your bedroom all ready, just waiting for you to come back. Jackie...” <o:p></o:p>

Tears blinded Annie as she continued talking to her best friend, who was just like a sister to her. <o:p></o:p>

Henry walked up to her. <o:p></o:p>

“Here, Annie, don’t be like that. I’m sure Jackie wouldn’t want to see your crying face the moment she wakes up. I think Paul still has things he wants to say to her.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie nodded, and got off the seat, wiping her cheeks as she did so. <o:p></o:p>

Paul patted her shoulder reassuringly before he took the seat that Annie had just vacated. <o:p></o:p>

“Hey Jackie, it’s me again. When you recover, we will go see the sun rise together, just the two of us...” <o:p></o:p>

The movement was so slight, so slight that he did not notice, nor did anyone else who was in the room. <o:p></o:p>

Then came the whisper. <o:p></o:p>

Still, he did not hear it, being too engrossed with talking to her. <o:p></o:p>

She tried again. <o:p></o:p>

This time, it came out slightly louder. <o:p></o:p>

And this time, he caught it, nearly coming out of his chair in his excitement. <o:p></o:p>

"Jackie, did you say something?" He squeezed her hand. "If you hear me, just squeeze my hand in return." Even though it was as weak as before, this time, he felt it. "She squeezed my hand!" Paul nearly shouted. <o:p></o:p>

Everyone strained forward in their excitement. Annie quickly walked to Paul side. <o:p></o:p>

"Jackie, it Annie. Can you hear me?" <o:p></o:p>

This time, her voice came out much stronger, so that everyone in the room could hear it. <o:p></o:p>

"Yeah, yeah, I hear you. You are so noisy, how could anyone not hear you?" <o:p></o:p>

Annie laughed, amidst her tears. Paul grinned. <o:p></o:p>

"She is going to be fine now." <o:p></o:p>

He looked fondly at Jackie, who had finally managed to open her eyes. She gazed back at the man, who had been at her side, all this while. <o:p></o:p>

"aul..." <o:p></o:p>

"It’s alright, you are going to be just fine." <o:p></o:p>

He looked at David, who nodded. <o:p></o:p>

"Her vital signs are strong." <o:p></o:p>

Paul nodded his thanks on hearing that, and stood up, intending to examine Jackie himself. <o:p></o:p>

"If you will excuse me guys, I need to do a checkup for Jackie." <o:p></o:p>

"Yeah, yeah, excuses, excuses. If you want a moment alone with her, just say so, we will understand." Henry retorted. <o:p></o:p>

"Alright, guys, I want a moment alone with Jackie, so will you please excuse us?" <o:p></o:p>

Paul grinned, his whole face lightened up now, in a way that no one had seen for a long time. <o:p></o:p>

"See, I knew it!" <o:p></o:p>

Henry could not resist making that last remark, as he ushered everyone out of the room. <o:p></o:p>

Annie lingered. <o:p></o:p>

"I will see you later, ok?" <o:p></o:p>

Jackie nodded. <o:p></o:p>

Reluctantly, Annie left the room after the others, turning back to look at Jackie a couple of times, as if to reassure herself that her best friend had really woken up. <o:p></o:p>

Jackie turned her attention to the man who had been contented to just watch the exchange, and who was now grinning crazily. <o:p></o:p>

“Let me do an examination on you, first, alright? Before we talk any further”Jackie smiled, and closed her eyes, content to leave her life in this man’s hands. <o:p></o:p>

“Jackie!” <o:p></o:p>

Her eyes startled open by Paul’s sudden shout. <o:p></o:p>

“Sorry, I... I... thought that you had gone back to your coma again.” <o:p></o:p>

Weakly, Jackie stretched out a hand to take Paul’s in hers. <o:p></o:p>

“Paul, now that I have woken up, I don’t plan to going back to sleep again. Don’t worry about me, I’m fine, I promise.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul smiled sheepishly. <o:p></o:p>

“I think we’d better start that examination first, shall we?” <o:p></o:p>

He indicated to the nurse that had stayed behind to unbutton Jackie’s blouse, before leaning down to listen to her heartbeat with his stethoscope. After a few more examinations, he finally declared that she was fit and should recover pretty soon. <o:p></o:p>

“May, you may go now. Tell the others that they may come in, in a couple of minutes' time.” <o:p></o:p>

The nurse smiled, and took her leave. As soon as the nurse was out of sight, Paul sat down next to Jackie, and took her hand, bringing it up to his lips for a kiss. <o:p></o:p>

“Do you know how worried I have been? It’s really time that you wake up, you know. I was so scared that I won’t ever have a chance to tell you how much I love you, how much I need you by my side...” <o:p></o:p>

“Since when have you become so mushy?” Jackie teased, her playful nature reasserting itself, even though her voice was still weak.

“Since you went into a coma.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul replied seriously. Tears came to his eyes as he gazed at the lady whom he was afraid that he would never talk to again, who would never know his love, and whom he could not live without. <o:p></o:p>

On seeing the tears, Jackie was quick to wipe them off, even though her eyes were starting to mist. <o:p></o:p>

“Paul, I’m sorry, sorry to make you worry, sorry that I took so long to wake up, sorry that...” <o:p></o:p>

Paul placed a finger against her lips. <o:p></o:p>

“Don’t apologize, it’s not your fault. If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s mine. I should never have taken that extra minute, should never have...” <o:p></o:p>

Before he can finish that sentence, Jackie placed her own finger against his lips. <o:p></o:p>

“Let’s not talk about whose fault it is now, shall we? Now that we are given another chance, I think we should appreciate our time together more, don’t you think so?” <o:p></o:p>

Paul nodded, and smiled against her finger. Slowly, he leaned down and replaced his finger on Jackie’s lips with his own lips. He had just lifted his head again when there was a knock at the door. It opened a small crack before everyone’s heads peeked in. <o:p></o:p>

“So, are you guys decent?” <o:p></o:p>

Paul laughed. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, you guys, come on in.” <o:p></o:p>

Without any hesitation, the door was flung wide open, and everyone reentered the room. This time, the room seemed more crowded as the news of Jackie’s waking up had traveled in the hospital and everyone who had known her, wanted to come and visit her. <o:p></o:p>

Paul settled himself on the bed next to Jackie, holding her hand all the while. <o:p></o:p>

“Now, she has just woken up, so not too much of an excitement, ok?” <o:p></o:p>

“See how defensive he is of her already!” Gilbert teased. <o:p></o:p>

“Well, I nearly lost her once, I’m not going to again!” Paul retorted, gripping Jackie’s hand tightly. <o:p></o:p>

“Wow, I feel like a star or something, so many of you are here to see me. I guess I should feel honored.” <o:p></o:p>

“Of course you should.” Annie answered. “I even took the rest of the day off.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie turned her head, and saw that her dear friend had come forward and was now standing beside her bed. She stretched out a hand, which Annie took hold of immediately. <o:p></o:p>

“Annie.” She said simply, smiling. <o:p></o:p>

“You scared the hell out of me, you know! Don’t you ever do that to me again.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie scolded gently, tears welling up in her eyes again, though this time, they were tears of happiness and not sadness. <o:p></o:p>

Paul, on seeing this scene, stood up at once and offered his seat to Annie. <o:p></o:p>

“No, it’s ok, you can remain sitting. I still have lots of time to scold her, you need this more than I do.” <o:p></o:p>

“Alright, if you say so.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul replied, sitting back down immediately, reluctant to relinquish his position, even though he was the one who had made the offer in the first place. After a round of bantering that lasted about half an hour, Paul declared that it was time everyone leave, and allow the patient to rest. <o:p></o:p>

“You just want her all to yourself.” Joe complained good-naturedly. <o:p></o:p>

“Come on, Annie. Let’s go. Let Paul have his time with Jackie. Look at him, he has not been so relieved and happy for a long while!” <o:p></o:p>

Henry said, and placed an arm around her waist, preparing to guide her from the room. That action did not escape Jackie, causing her to raise an eyebrow enquiringly as Annie walked towards her. <o:p></o:p>

“Ok.” Annie leaned over and kissed Jackie on the forehead. “I will come and see you again tomorrow.” She also did not miss the lifted eyebrow. “I will tell you everything when I come again, alright? Now, rest, and enjoy your time with Paul.” <o:p></o:p>

She teased, her cool facade firmly in place again. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, Annie, long time no see, and you are still like that.” <o:p></o:p>

That caused everyone to laugh. <o:p></o:p>

“Bye! Rest and get well soon!” <o:p></o:p>

The gang called as they filed out of the room, finally leaving the room in peace again, with only Paul in the room with Jackie. <o:p></o:p>

“Don’t you have to work, Paul?” <o:p></o:p>

“Oh yeah, I forgot.” <o:p></o:p>

“Go on then, don’t bother about me, I feel fine. I will still be here after your shift, now go!” <o:p></o:p>

“If you are sure...” <o:p></o:p>

“Yep, very. Now go.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie laughed and made a shooing motion with her hand weakly. Obliging, Paul leaned over and gave her another kiss before leaving the room himself. All was going to be fine now. <o:p></o:p>

“There’s this new doctor in the ER, who is replacing you. Even though I have only just met her, I can see that she is interested in Paul. You'd better wake up if you don’t want Paul to be snatched away by someone else.”

I like this very much. Maybe Paul is the only human that Jackie care about......
[center]:em02:[/center]
[FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=Pink][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]God Bless You All !~~~~~~Myownapple[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I like this very much. Maybe Paul is the only human that Jackie care about......
[center]:em02:[/center]
Actually not...
Jackie's love always enables everyone who really care about her ,not only Paul but also all the guys can breath the fresh air as well as feel being in good mood for a long time....
She is the symbol of the angel of love...

覺得怪怪的 怎麼一開始是Jackie未做手術<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

<o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

</P>

</P>可是幾行後就已經昏迷了<o:p></o:p>

而且和Annie的對話也只有一半<o:p></o:p>

不過其他的 就只能說是好讚了<o:p></o:p>

尤其是那一段Jackie要醒未醒的 有夠虐的<o:p></o:p>

煎熬的十五分鐘阿 看的我心驚膽顫 怕是一個令人失望的結果<o:p></o:p>

呼!!!還好不是.....<o:p></o:p>

然後看到Paul因為Jackie又閉上眼睛兒心驚的大叫了Jackie的名嗚...心疼阿 我那被Jackie嚇壞的Paul (不過...我自己又在那想 如果Jackie張開了眼 卻又閉上 再次陷入Coma Jackie的"甦醒" 只有短短的幾分鐘 不知道Paul會怎麼反應呢?? 崩潰?? 我竟然變態的很想看看)<o:p></o:p>

Jackie醒來後 大家的反應 Paul的反應只能說是超棒的呢...<o:p></o:p>

那段對話真是經典 (這是我自己理解的大意 我不是很會翻譯 所以會有些怪 而且可能有一點添加的感覺 請見諒)
"妳知不知道一直以來我有多麼的擔心這真的是妳應該甦醒的時候了 妳知道嗎? 我好怕 怕再也沒有機會告訴妳我愛妳 怕再也沒有機會告訴妳我需要妳在我的身邊..."
"你什麼時候變的這麼肉麻的" Jackie嘲弄著Paul 她俏皮的一面自然的出現了 即使她還是很虛弱
"從妳昏迷的那刻起" Paul嚴肅的回答著 他那充滿淚水的眼 凝視著這位可人兒 他怕再也沒有機會和她說話 怕他的愛沒辦法讓她知道 怕如果失去她就再也找不到生存的意義

這一段話真是經典阿...看得我興奮阿 原來木頭也可以這樣感性阿...

"她才剛醒所以不可以讓她太興奮 好嗎?"
"哇! 他已經開始寶貝(保護)她了呢..." Gilbert嘲笑著
"當然 我已經差一點失去過她一次 我可不想再經歷一次" Paul緊握著Jackie的手反擊道

嗯!! 對阿對阿 要好好保護寶貝呢...

還有還有...最後Jackie要Paul回去上班的那段 真的只能說 好可愛喔...

Jackie’s Hospital Room
A Week Later
1.55pm
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

</P>“Oh wow, all the important doctors of the hospital are in my room today. Don’t you have to work or did the hospital declare it a day of holiday?”

Jackie asked, her words reminiscent of those that Paul had uttered that fateful day fourteen months ago. Today, at last, she was able to sit up and lean back against the headboard. <o:p></o:p>

“If she can say that, it is proof that she’s fine now.” <o:p></o:p>

Henry could not resist being the first to start the bantering. <o:p></o:p>

“Hmm... How can you say that? You should at least show some concern for me, you know. What kind of a friend are you anyway?” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie replied indignantly, looking towards Paul, who was sitting beside her, and laughing at the same time. The latter had stayed with her throughout the entire night, unwilling to let her out of his sight. He smiled and placed his arm around her, while she leaned against him contentedly. <o:p></o:p>

Gilbert nudged Henry. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, look at the two lovebirds! They look so cozy.” <o:p></o:p>

“Why, are you jealous?” Paul grinned. <o:p></o:p>

“Do I have a reason to be?” <o:p></o:p>

Gilbert retorted at once. A knock at the door at that moment attracted everyone’s attention, as they turned as one to look at the door. It opened to admit Joe, Helen, Carmen, Peter, Judy and a couple of new doctors that Jackie had never seen before. <o:p></o:p>

“So, how are you feeling today, Jackie?” <o:p></o:p>

Helen asked. <o:p></o:p>

“Much better. Now, I just want to get out of this bed and return home. I’m already so sick of staying here." <o:p></o:p>

Helen laughed. <o:p></o:p>

“Be patient. I’m sure you will be out of it in no time at all. Anyway, you have Paul here to keep you company, so I’m sure you won’t feel bored.” <o:p></o:p>

“Unless Paul is the one boring you.” Henry cut in. <o:p></o:p>

“Hey, hey...” <o:p></o:p>

Paul shook his fist threateningly at Henry, causing everyone in the room to laugh. The laughter was just dying down when Jackie turned her attention to the newcomers in the room. <o:p></o:p>

“And, who would these be? I didn’t know that I have become so famous already.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul laughed, and squeezed Jackie’s shoulders, indicating with his head. <o:p></o:p>

“This is Tracy, and that is Anson. They have been working here for a few months already, kind of taking over you when A & E got shorthanded.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie smiled, and turned her attention to the two doctors. <o:p></o:p>

“Hi!” <o:p></o:p>

They smiled back, but it was Tracy who replied. <o:p></o:p>

“Hi! We heard a lot about you.” <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, nothing bad, I hope.” <o:p></o:p>

“Bad, it’s all bad.” Henry drawled. <o:p></o:p>

“And, I’d bet it’s you who said all the bad things, right?” Jackie shot back. <o:p></o:p>

“Ahh... our Jackie is back in action.” Joe added. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, cut it out, you guys, I’m still too weak to banter with you.” <o:p></o:p>

“Are you sure?” Henry asked. “You don’t look sick at all to me. I wonder if you were only trying to scare us the last fourteen months.” <o:p></o:p>

“Paul, chase them all out of here, please.” Jackie sighed in exasperation, as she pressed her head into his shoulder. <o:p></o:p>

“Guys, guys, behave yourself. We have guests here.” Paul said. <o:p></o:p>

“Who, oh, you mean Tracy and Anson.” Henry turned and looked in bemusement at Tracy and Anson, who appeared dazed by all the bantering that was going on. Anson got her voice back first. <o:p></o:p>

“What, what? Oh no, no, continue. It’s really interesting to see how you all interact. You must be really good friends, huh?” <o:p></o:p>

“Oh yes, the best.” Joe replied. “Most of the time.” <o:p></o:p>

That caused another round of laughter. All of a sudden, Jackie, who had been lounging comfortably against Paul, raised her head. <o:p></o:p>

“Where’s Annie?” <o:p></o:p>

“She said she will be by later.” Henry replied. <o:p></o:p>

“Ok.” Jackie returned her head to its previous position. <o:p></o:p>

All of a sudden, there was a knock at the door before it burst open in Annie’s usual fashion, and she entered, catching the attention of all the occupants of the room. <o:p></o:p>

“Hey!” <o:p></o:p>

“Ahh... speak of the devil.” Joe grinned. <o:p></o:p>

Jackie managed to push herself upright when she saw her best friend entering the room, while Paul stood up as well, knowing instinctively that these two friends needed to be alone for a moment. <o:p></o:p>

The first thing that Annie saw upon entering the room was Jackie sitting up on bed. She dropped her bags, rushed to the bed, and gave her friend a huge hug. Jackie hugged her back with all the strength in her. Tears coursed down both of their faces. <o:p></o:p>

“You are finally up! I missed you so much, Jackie.” <o:p></o:p>

“I missed you too, Annie.” <o:p></o:p>

After a long while, they straightened up again, each wiping the tears off the other’s cheeks, all the while smiling. Finally, Annie went to sit by Jackie’s side, taking the position that Paul had so recently vacated. <o:p></o:p>

“Hey, have you forgotten about me?” Henry asked, pretending to be offended. <o:p></o:p>

“Of course not.” Annie grinned, before getting off the bed to give him a kiss on the cheek, and returning to her previous position by Jackie’s side, their arms around each other. <o:p></o:p>

“If I didn’t know better, I’d be very jealous, you know.” <o:p></o:p>

Henry walked to the bed beside Paul, who was looking at the ladies, especially Jackie, fondly. <o:p></o:p>

“Don’t worry, you don’t have a reason to be jealous.” Annie assured him. “Oh, sorry, Paul, did I take your seat?” <o:p></o:p>

“No, no, it’s ok.” <o:p></o:p>

“Hey, Annie, did I miss out something? Do you have something to tell me?” <o:p></o:p>

Even though for the past week, Annie had come to visit Jackie daily, she was never allowed to stay long enough to spend time really catching up with her best friend, hence, leaving Jackie still wondering about Annie’s relationship with Henry. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

“Tell you what?” <o:p></o:p>

“You know...” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie drawled, with a pointed look at Henry. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh that, I thought I have told you everything already.” <o:p></o:p>

“When?” <o:p></o:p>

“When I came to visit you.” <o:p></o:p>

“Annie...” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie gritted her teeth. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, you mean you never heard what I told you?” Annie teased. “Alright, alright.” She dodged the fist that Jackie waved at her. “Henry and I are dating, have been dating for quite a few months now.” <o:p></o:p>

“13 months and 22 days.” <o:p></o:p>

Henry added. <o:p></o:p>

Jackie laughed. <o:p></o:p>

“I see that someone has changed. He has become so lovesick.” <o:p></o:p>

“Who?” <o:p></o:p>

Henry pretended to look around. It was then that he noticed the bags that Annie had thrown to the floor in her rush to get to Jackie. With a subtle nod at Helen, he walked to the bags and picked them up while the latter left the room quietly. A few minutes later, he whispered something to Paul, who muttered an excuse and quickly left the room. <o:p></o:p>

“Why’s everyone suddenly behaving so weirdly?” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie wondered. <o:p></o:p>

“Is it? I thought it’s their usual behavior.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie replied, laughingly. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh you are terrible, Annie.” <o:p></o:p>

It was while they were still chatting that the door opened without warning, this time, to admit Paul, who carried a birthday cake in his hands, singing the birthday song, with Helen trailing him, At the sight, everyone in the room got up and joined in the singing, including Annie. Slowly, Paul walked to Jackie’s side, and held the cake down to her level as the song came to an end. <o:p></o:p>

“Happy birthday, Jackie. Here, make a wish and blow the candles out.” <o:p></o:p>

“Yep, make a wish.” Peter interrupted. “Better late than never, right?” <o:p></o:p>

The gang, who knew Peter’s usual style of putting the horse’s foot in the mouth, simply sighed in exasperation, while Judy nudged him hard, before turning their attention back to Jackie. <o:p></o:p>

Jackie looked around the room, before gazing back at the man beside her, with her love shining in her eyes. <o:p></o:p>

“I don’t need any wishes. They have all come true for me already.” <o:p></o:p>

She answered, though, obligingly, she closed her eyes, and made a wish before blowing the candles out. <o:p></o:p>

It was while Paul was busy cutting the cake that Tracy and Anson announced that they had to leave. For the whole time that they were in the room, they had felt rather uncomfortable, like they did not belong there. They knew that these people's friendship go back a long way, and they simply felt like intruders among them. <o:p></o:p>

“Don’t you want to stay for a piece of cake?” <o:p></o:p>

Paul looked up in surprise. <o:p></o:p>

“Yeah, have some cake before you leave.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie offered. <o:p></o:p>

“No, it’s ok, we gotta get back to work anyway. Happy birthday, Jackie. Sorry we didn’t buy you anything, but we didn’t know it is your birthday.” <o:p></o:p>

“That’s ok. Thanks for coming to visit me.” <o:p></o:p>

“You are welcome.” <o:p></o:p>

On so saying, the two of them left the room, while everyone simply resumed what they had been doing before they were interrupted. <o:p></o:p>

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 07:28 AM, Processed in 0.018284 second(s), 5 queries, Gzip enabled.