[妙手] 【转帖】一個英文版的妙手仁心續集

回复: 【转帖】一個英文版的妙手仁心續集

Jackie & Annie’s Apartment<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></B>

</P>

<b><font color=" /><o:p></o:p>
</P>She took out her keys to open the door while Paul leaned against the wall beside her, waiting. The sight that greeted her the instant she entered the apartment made her grin and turn to Paul. <o:p></o:p>

“Shh... Let’s go straight to my room, shall we?” <o:p></o:p>

Annie, who had heard the door open with all the whisperings, removed her lips from Henry’s and dropped her head onto his shoulder, while the latter simply let out a loud sigh. She called out just when Jackie pulled Paul along behind her towards her room. <o:p></o:p>

“Are we invisible or what?” <o:p></o:p>

“We just didn’t want to disturb you guys. You seem to be enjoying yourselves a lot.” <o:p></o:p>

Came the reply. <o:p></o:p>

“Cut it out, Jackie. Come here, will you?” <o:p></o:p>

Annie replied, exasperated, as she got off Henry’s lap to sit beside him on the couch.

Grinning, Jackie pulled Paul with her back to the living room, where she took a seat on one of the single couches, leaving Paul to lounge on one of its arm. <o:p></o:p>

“So...” <o:p></o:p>

“So, what? So, how are you feeling?” <o:p></o:p>

“I wish everyone would stop asking me how I’m feeling.” Jackie complained good-naturedly. “And, don’t you change the subject, my dear.” <o:p></o:p>

“Are we on any subjects that I’m not aware of?” Annie retorted. “Anyway, what took you so long to get back here?” She asked slyly. <o:p></o:p>

Paul rolled his eyes and looked at Henry. <o:p></o:p>

“Shall we leave them to it? There’s no telling when they will stop, we’d better get out before it turns destructive.” <o:p></o:p>

“I totally agree with you. There’s simply no telling what these girls will do.” <o:p></o:p>

Those comments made the two ladies turn to their respective halves simultaneously. <o:p></o:p>

“What do you mean we are destructive?” <o:p></o:p>

“Uh oh, we’d better go. They are turning deadly.” <o:p></o:p>

Henry laughed, stumbling out of the couch. <o:p></o:p>

Paul turned to a laughing Jackie. <o:p></o:p>

“Well, I guess I will get going as well. See you tomorrow.” <o:p></o:p>

“I thought you said you were going to tuck me in?” <o:p></o:p>

“If you want me to...” <o:p></o:p>

“Nah, just kidding. Good night. Drive carefully, will you?’ <o:p></o:p>

“Sure.” Paul answered before dropping a kiss onto Jackie’s forehead. “Goodnight.” <o:p></o:p>

Quickly, he turned around and dragged Henry out of the apartment, before the latter could make any more snide remarks. The two ladies were once again left alone.

The two ladies were once again left alone. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

</P><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial>“Oh well, I’m just going to wash up and turn in.” <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT>

Jackie exclaimed, pushing herself off the couch. <o:p></o:p>

“It’s been a long day, huh?” <o:p></o:p>

Annie nodded understandingly. <o:p></o:p>

“Yep, but every minute is worth it.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie grinned, walking towards the bathroom. <o:p></o:p>

She was just preparing for bed when there came a knock at the door and it opened to admit Annie. <o:p></o:p>

“I just wanted to see if you need anything before I turn in.” <o:p></o:p>

“Nope, I’m perfectly alright.” Jackie replied, gesturing for her friend to sit on the bed. “Annie, I feel fine now, you don’t have to keep fussing over me, not that I don’t appreciate it.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie snuggled beside Jackie on the bed, tucking the comforter around them. <o:p></o:p>

“I can’t help it, it’s just that... it’s so different here without you around, you know. I just felt so helpless when you first fell into a coma, there wasn’t anything that I could do, there was nothing that I could do to help, I...” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie reached up to gently wipe the tears off her friend’s cheeks. She had always known Annie to be a strong person, stronger than any other girls that she knew. But ever since she had woken up from a coma, she had seen tears in Annie’s eyes more times than she could ever remember seeing. And, she felt terrible for being the one to put them there. <o:p></o:p>

“Annie, I’m sorry. I... I didn’t mean to cause you so much pain. I...” <o:p></o:p>

“Don’t apologize, it’s not your fault anyway. What matters is that you are now well and healthy beside me.” Annie gathered herself. “Oh wow, do you realize that this is the first time in ages that we are actually sitting down together and talking, not that we didn’t do so in the hospital, but this is different.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie grinned. <o:p></o:p>

“I get what you mean. Home sweet home. I can’t believe that I actually miss my bed.” <o:p></o:p>

“Your bed, or someone?” <o:p></o:p>

Annie nudged her. <o:p></o:p>

“Aaanniiieee....” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie growled threateningly. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh come on, Jackie. I heard all about it, how Paul would share your bed in the hospital room each night.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie looked at her, surprised. <o:p></o:p>

“You knew? How?” <o:p></o:p>

“Henry, of course.” <o:p></o:p>

“He knew too?” <o:p></o:p>

“Jackie, I think the whole hospital knows about it.” <o:p></o:p>

“And, no one sees fit to inform me?” <o:p></o:p>

“We see no reason to, when not even the hospital heads are complaining, why should the others? Don’t worry, no one’s gossiping about you and Paul, we all know how much you deserve each other.” <o:p></o:p>

“I’m glad to hear that.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie answered wryly. <o:p></o:p>

“I think I’d better head back to my own room. I guess you’d want to savor the feeling of being in your own bed again. Call me if you need anything during the night.” <o:p></o:p>

“Annie.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie sighed. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh right, I forgot. Well, just let me fuss over you for the moment, you may never get such a chance again. I don’t just fuss over anyone, you know.” <o:p></o:p>

“Yeah, yeah, except for Henry.” Jackie dodged the pillow that Annie threw at her. “Goodnight!’ <o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>The sound of Annie’s laughter could be heard trailing behind her as she returned to her own room. </FONT>

汗~~天哪~~能告诉我这写的是什么意思吗?我都看不懂~~哭死 看来KUKU得回去啃英文了
[img]http://only.lfan.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=413&stc=1[/img]

[QUOTE=kukuada]汗~~天哪~~能告诉我这写的是什么意思吗?我都看不懂~~哭死 看来KUKU得回去啃英文了[/QUOTE]

I am very sorry.我的中文打字不太好,我打得很慢,所以我想我真的沒有能力把這麼長的東西用中文打出來。真對不起。

Such a long time we have been waiting for the following chapters....but really the wonderful scenarios and emotional sentences are worthy a hundred and a thousand of praises and it can be drawn the safely conclusion that ,definitely,even much more time would be afforded to look forwad to your updating !
with many thanks

Hospital
The Next Day
6.11pm
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

Jackie sneaked into Paul’s office in the hospital, and took out the snack box that she had given Paul, which seemed like ages ago. She opened it to find that there were still a few packets of snacks left inside, although they were already expired, just like those she had found in the snack box back at Paul’s apartment. She felt a sense of dèja vu as she took out those expired packets, and replaced them with new ones. She half expected Paul to open the door and come in at any second, though she knew he probably would not, since he was supposed to be doing an operation at the moment. Hence, there was a look of almost comical surprise on her face when the door opened and Paul entered the room. <o:p></o:p>

“Umm..... Why does this scene look so familiar?” <o:p></o:p>

Paul grinned at the look of utter shock and surprise on Jackie’s face, which left her mouth hanging open. <o:p></o:p>

“You are not supposed to be here.” <o:p></o:p>

“Just carry on with what you are doing. Pretend I’m not here.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie sighed. “Since you are already here, I might as well ask you something.” She gestured to the packets of snacks that she had removed from the box. “Do you know that these are expired? I understand why those at your apartment are expired, but why are these too? I know you’ve spent almost every minute that you have here in the hospital, so these should be long gone by now.” <o:p></o:p>

“Oh that.” Paul rubbed his nape sheepishly. “It’s silly, now that one thinks of it, but at that time, when you were still in a coma, I couldn’t bear to touch these. I keep getting the feeling that once I finished them up, you will be gone, just like them. Yet, on the other hand, I was also tempted to finish them, and hope that when I finished the last packet, you would wake up, since you promise that these boxes would never be empty.” <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, Paul,” Jackie walked over to him, and hugged him tightly. “ That’s not silly, it’s so sweet. Well, now that I’m here again, I can promise you now that they will never be empty.” She gave him another squeeze before stepping out of his arms back to his desk. “Now, scoot. I have a job to finish.” <o:p></o:p>

“Yes, madam.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul grinned, retrieving the file he had come to the office for, in the first place, and gave a last adoring look at Jackie before stepping out of the room as ordered. <o:p></o:p>

As soon as Jackie finished what she had come to the hospital to do, she stepped out of the office in search of Paul. Almost as if her feet had a will of their own, she found herself in the A & E department. She was there just in time to catch a glimpse of Henry and Joe attempting to save a badly injured man. She was just turning to go when she heard her name being called. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

“Jackie!” <o:p></o:p>

Pasting a smile on her face, she turned back to see Henry heading her way. <o:p></o:p>

“Hi! I thought you were busy.” <o:p></o:p>

“I’m done for the moment, Joe and Tracy can handle the rest. Here to find Paul?” <o:p></o:p>

“Uh huh. I guess I will go look for him now. I’d better let you get back to your work.” <o:p></o:p>

“Don’t worry, you are not disturbing me.” Seeing the bittersweet look in her eyes, Henry could not resist asking. “You miss it here, don’t you?” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie looked at him, surprised. <o:p></o:p>

“Huh?” <o:p></o:p>

“I could tell from the look in your eyes.” <o:p></o:p>

“What look?” <o:p></o:p>

“That longing look.” To lighten the mood, in his typical sarcastic way, he added. “I can’t believe that you actually miss it here. The illness must have addled your mind, it gets so hectic here at times, I thought anyone would be real glad to get away from here!” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie laughed. <o:p></o:p>

“Well, it seems like you have said more than I have from the moment you saw me, which is unusual since I’m supposed to be the more talkative one, remember?” <o:p></o:p>

“I have still not handed it in yet, you know.” <o:p></o:p>

“What’s still not handed in yet?” <o:p></o:p>

“Your resignation letter.” That took her completely off track. “What did you say?” <o:p></o:p>

“Remember when you handed in your resignation letter to me, I said that I will keep it and just take it that you are on leave? Well, the letter’s still with me, and my offer’s still valid. When you feel that you are able, I will welcome you back here.” <o:p></o:p>

“Are you sure, Henry?” <o:p></o:p>

“I know I’m a joker, but you should know that I never joke about matters regarding the hospital.” <o:p></o:p>

“Yeah, but...” <o:p></o:p>

“No buts about it. Just think about it and let me know your decision.” <o:p></o:p>

“I will. Thanks, Henry.” <o:p></o:p>

“What are friends for? Oh, here comes your Prince Charming. I guess it’s the signal for me to go.” <o:p></o:p>

“Why are you running off the moment you see me, Henry? Did something wrong, and feeling too guilty to face me?” <o:p></o:p>

Paul drawled as he came up to them. <o:p></o:p>

“Like real, as if I will ever let anything scare me off.” <o:p></o:p>

Henry scoffed. <o:p></o:p>

“Stop it, you guys, you are still in the hospital.” Jackie grinned, placing a hand on Paul’s arm. “So, are you ready to go? I thought that we can go off together.” <o:p></o:p>

“You done with whatever you came here to do?” <o:p></o:p>

Paul asked, a look of innocence on his face. <o:p></o:p>

That caused a laugh out of Jackie. <o:p></o:p>

“Yes, I’m done, sir. Can we go now?” <o:p></o:p>

“Where do you want to go?” <o:p></o:p>

“I don’t know, any suggestion?” <o:p></o:p>

“How about After Five?” Henry cut in. “I’m meeting Annie there after work, if you will wait for a minute for me to settle some details, I will go with you. I need a lift anyway.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul looked at Jackie who gave him a shrug in return. <o:p></o:p>

“Alright, we will wait, hurry, or else we will leave without you.” <o:p></o:p>

“Yeah, yeah, nag, nag, nag.” <o:p></o:p>

Henry complained, dodging the hand coming towards him, as he scampered off. <o:p></o:p>

“That guy will never change.” Paul said, leading Jackie towards a roll of seats. “So, what were you guys chatting so enthusiastically about when I came?” <o:p></o:p>

“Henry asked me if I would like to return to work in A & E.” <o:p></o:p>

“Really? That’s good news, so what did you say?” <o:p></o:p>

“I will think about it, but it seems more appealing by the minute, I’ve really missed it here. And, you know how I can’t stand to do nothing, right?” <o:p></o:p>

“Yep, and I will support you in whatever decision you make.” <o:p></o:p>

“Thank you.” <o:p></o:p>

“Why so polite all of a sudden?” <o:p></o:p>

“Nothing, I’m just so touched, by you and all my friends.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul reached out a hand to hold Jackie’s tightly. <o:p></o:p>

“Just know that all of us will be here for you, no matter what happens.” <o:p></o:p>

“I know.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie smiled, giving his hand a squeeze before standing up again. <o:p></o:p>

“Here he comes. Let’s go.” <o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>Henry came to a stop before them, pulling on his jacket. </FONT>

“Ok, I’m done, let’s go. The others said that they might join us later.” <o:p></o:p>

Hand in hand, the couple walked out of the hospital with their close friend, amidst sounds of laughter and bantering. <o:p></o:p>

And, somewhere, in a corner, someone was watching this cozy scene, jealousy nearly eating her up alive, jealousy that she could not get what she wanted, and that she would never have hopes of finding such good friends. <o:p></o:p>

After Five
8.05pm <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

The four of them were chatting amiably and in the course of eating dessert when they were startled by a shout, and the sudden appearance of more of their friends. <o:p></o:p>

“And, here we thought that you were not coming and that we could finally have some time in peace.” <o:p></o:p>

Henry joked, as he turned around to see Joe, Helen, Gilbert, Tracy and Anson heading towards their table. <o:p></o:p>

“And I thought you must be missing me very much by now.” <o:p></o:p>

Gilbert retorted. <o:p></o:p>

“Here, pull up a chair.” Jackie suggested. “Want anything to eat?” <o:p></o:p>

“No, we are fine, we just had something, just a drink will do.” <o:p></o:p>

Helen replied. <o:p></o:p>

“Sure.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie answered as she signaled to a passing waiter to take the orders of the newcomers. They had just finished their ordering when they were joined by another friend. <o:p></o:p>

“Wow, what kind of friends are you? Coming here and not even asking me along.” <o:p></o:p>

“We thought that it will be enough for you just to have the company of Judy.” Joe teased, looking behind Peter. “So, where’s she?” <o:p></o:p>

“She’s attending her class. I will be fetching her later.” <o:p></o:p>

“And, that’s why you decide to find us, right? What kind of a friend are you?” <o:p></o:p>

Joe asked, shooting the same words back to Peter. <o:p></o:p>

“The adorable kind, one that everyone will be glad to have.” <o:p></o:p>

Peter shot back, earning a round of laughter from everyone. <o:p></o:p>

Finally, everyone was settled down, and the original foursome resumed eating while the others took a sip now and then from their glasses. Time flew by with all the laughter and joking, and before long, it was declared time to go. <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, I nearly forgot. I’m spending the night over at Henry’s, Jackie. You can ask Paul over, and the two of you can have the whole apartment to yourselves, to do whatever you want.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie grinned, unable to resist adding in the last comment. <o:p></o:p>

“Annie!” Jackie nudged her, before looking at Paul. “So, what do you think? You wanna come over?” <o:p></o:p>

“You want me to?” <o:p></o:p>

Paul asked, smiling, waiting for the outburst. Sure enough, it came a second later. <o:p></o:p>

“What kind of a question is that to ask a girl, Dr. Cheng? It’s fine with me if you don’t want to come, I’m not afraid of the dark.” <o:p></o:p>

On the other side of the table, a lady was smiling, sure that there would be a fight this time, and that there would not be any sleepovers, and, perhaps, just perhaps, there would be a break up. However, even with the amount of time that she had spent with the group, she did not realize that this was just the usual way of communication for them and that her hopes would soon be dashed. <o:p></o:p>

Paul laughed. <o:p></o:p>

“Did I say you were? I was just being polite, if you don’t appreciate it... Oh well....” <o:p></o:p>

“You still have not given me an answer, are you coming or not?” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie asked impatiently. <o:p></o:p>

“Of course, I’m coming. How could I miss this chance?” Paul grinned. “But, I will need to stop by my apartment to get a change of clothes. That way, I can go straight to the hospital from your house tomorrow.” <o:p></o:p>

“Well then, that’s settled. Took you guys long enough.” Annie grumbled. “Let’s go!” <o:p></o:p>

Biding their farewells, the group parted as each went to each’s respective destination. <o:p></o:p>

The first note appeared the very next night.

Paul and Jackie followed Annie’s car as Henry drove to the apartment that he shared with Paul and Gilbert. Jackie was waiting in the living room for Paul while he gathered his belongings when a thought occurred to her. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

“Hey, Annie, don’t you need to get a change of clothes or something from our apartment too?” <o:p></o:p>

“No, I don’t. I have some clothes here.” <o:p></o:p>

“You have?” <o:p></o:p>

“Yep, she does.” Gilbert answered, having overheard their conversation, as he walked to join them on the couch. “This is not the first time that sis is spending the night here.” <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, Annie...” <o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>Jackie teased, shaking a finger at her friend. </FONT>

“What, what? I just didn’t want to be alone in the apartment when you were in a coma.” <o:p></o:p>

“Excuses, excuses.” <o:p></o:p>

Gilbert drawled. <o:p></o:p>

“Don’t you have anything better to do than eavesdropping on a girl’s conversation?” <o:p></o:p>

Annie asked him. <o:p></o:p>

“Nope, I don’t, and it’s fun to hear what you gals are talking about.” <o:p></o:p>

“Oh, get out of here, Gilbert!” <o:p></o:p>

Annie laughed, throwing a cushion at him. <o:p></o:p>

Gilbert jumped off the couch in time to dodge the cushion, and nearly bumped into Paul, who was just coming to a stop beside the couch. <o:p></o:p>

“What do we have here? You are still playing kids’ games at your age?” <o:p></o:p>

“It’s not my fault. I can’t be bothered with you guys, I’m going to bed.” <o:p></o:p>

Gilbert sulked. <o:p></o:p>

“What’s up with him?” Paul asked, looking after the disappearing Gilbert, before turning his attention back to Jackie. “We’d better get going as well. It’s getting late.” <o:p></o:p>

“I thought you would never be ready.” Jackie jumped up. “Let’s go. See you tomorrow, Annie.” <o:p></o:p>

“Goodnight.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie replied, seeing them to the door. <o:p></o:p>

Paul laughed. <o:p></o:p>

“Now, it feels like this is more of your apartment than mine, with you seeing us off.” <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I could never image that my dream had come true so soon.
What characterize almost all the article pictures is their impressiveness and realism.When the guys started to live the wonderful and graceful life,everyone has the air of the love and each of them would make the wish to keep them acting the love story forever...

GMT+8, 2024-4-18 08:22 AM, Processed in 0.016244 second(s), 5 queries, Gzip enabled.