[妙手] 【转帖】一個英文版的妙手仁心續集

回复: 【转帖】一個英文版的妙手仁心續集

Time passed quickly for everyone in the room as they bantered in their usual manner, when there came a knock at the door again, this time admitting Peter and a colleague. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p></font></font></b>

<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></B>

<b><font color=" /><o:p></o:p>
</P>“Wow, you are all here! So, how do you ladies feel?” <o:p></o:p>

Peter asked, concern written all over his face. <o:p></o:p>

“We are fine, thank you.” Jackie replied for the both of them. “So, did you just come from our apartment?” <o:p></o:p>

“Um hmm.. You are lucky you are fine, sadly, your apartment isn’t that lucky. You should have seen the mess your living room is in, if you were any nearer to the pizza box, I might be looking at you in the morgue instead of here.” <o:p></o:p>

All eyes turned to glare at him, before Joe nudged him hard. <o:p></o:p>

“Why do you keep putting your foot in your mouth?” <o:p></o:p>

“What, what did I say?” Peter asked innocently, looking round the room. It was then he noticed the murderous expressions on both Paul’s and Henry’s faces. “Oops.” <o:p></o:p>

“And, we’ve just spent so much time pacifying them.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie sighed in exasperation. <o:p></o:p>

“I was only kidding. Couldn’t you tell?” Peter grinned sheepishly. “It’s not as bad as you guys think, it was only a homemade bomb, so the effect isn’t that powerful. Still, for a homemade bomb, it was pretty good, and it was a time detonated bomb too.” <o:p></o:p>

From his expression and tone, everyone could tell that the police detective was impressed by the work of whoever it was that planted the bomb in the pizza box. <o:p></o:p>

Aren’t you supposed to be on our side? Why are you praising the crazy fellow who made the bomb? Sometimes, I really wonder if we are really your friends.” <o:p></o:p>

Joe looked at him in mock puzzlement. <o:p></o:p>

“I just can’t be bothered to talk to you.” Peter told him. He then looked at the two ladies. “If you two ladies feel up to it, I would like to take a statement.” <o:p></o:p>

“Sure, ask away.” <o:p></o:p>

Annie replied calmly. Henry looked at her in admiration, sometimes, Annie’s strength really surprised him. <o:p></o:p>

“I guess we’d better get going then.” Joe said. “Paul, Henry, you guys coming?” <o:p></o:p>

The two doctors looked at their respective halves questioningly. <o:p></o:p>

“Go, go, we’ll be fine. Moreover, we have two detectives here to protect us, no harm can come to us here. Right, Annie?” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie asked. <o:p></o:p>

“Right. Go do whatever it is that you have to do. We’ll be alright.” <o:p></o:p>

Nodding, Henry and Paul leaned down to kiss their foreheads before following the others out of the room. <o:p></o:p>

“Aww... isn’t that sweet?” <o:p></o:p>

“Is that supposed to be part of the statement?” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie teased him. <o:p></o:p>

“What, what? Oh, no, no.” <o:p></o:p>

“Don’t be so worried. She’s just teasing you. So, what do you want to know?” <o:p></o:p>

Annie asked as she settled herself more comfortably beside Jackie. <o:p></o:p>

The atmosphere in the room grew serious as the two detectives proceeded with their questioning. It was exhausting for the two ladies, but fortunately, it was over before long. <o:p></o:p>

“We’ll go back to your apartment to get the notes and look into the matter right away. By the way, we've questioned the pizza company before we came here, and we were told that they did not deliver any pizza over to your apartment, your pizza was not even ready yet." <o:p></o:p>

"Which means that whoever is after you knows your every move." <o:p></o:p>

His colleague added. <o:p></o:p>

"So, in the mean time, be very careful, will you?” <o:p></o:p>

“Thanks, we’ll do that.” <o:p></o:p>

“Will you be alright alone in here?” <o:p></o:p>

“We are not exactly alone, are we?” Annie retorted. “I have Jackie for company and she has me for hers. But, thanks for your concern.” <o:p></o:p>

“Alright then, we will get going. We will let you know once we found out anything.” <o:p></o:p>

The two ladies nodded, as they watched them leave. Soon, it was just the two of them left alone in the room. <o:p></o:p>

“So, Jackie, do you ever plan on returning to your own bed?” <o:p></o:p>

“So fast chasing me away already?” <o:p></o:p>

“No, of course not, you should know that.” <o:p></o:p>

“Oh well, I know when I’ve outstayed my welcome.” <o:p></o:p>

“Jaackieee.....” <o:p></o:p>

Annie growled. <o:p></o:p>

The former laughed. <o:p></o:p>

“I get it, I get it, I’m going. Really!” <o:p></o:p>

“Say it one more time, don’t forget you’re still in my territory.” <o:p></o:p>

Hurriedly, Jackie hopped off the bed before Annie could hit her, bumping her hands in the process. <o:p></o:p>

“Ouch!” <o:p></o:p>

“Jackie, are you alright?” <o:p></o:p>

Annie asked anxiously. <o:p></o:p>

“Yep, I’m fine, I just knocked my hands on the bed rail for a while there.” <o:p></o:p>

“You sure?” <o:p></o:p>

“Yep, I’m sure. Since when have you become so naggy?” <o:p></o:p>

“If you don’t appreciate my concern.....” <o:p></o:p>

“I do, I really do. I was just kidding.” <o:p></o:p>

Jackie protested, before leaning over to give Annie a kiss on the forehead. <o:p></o:p>

“Thank you. Take a rest, alright?” <o:p></o:p>

Annie nodded. <o:p></o:p>

“You too.” <o:p></o:p>

And so, when both Paul and Henry entered the room again, it was to return to a scene where both ladies were sleeping soundly. <o:p></o:p>

“I guess they needed the rest.” <o:p></o:p>

Paul exclaimed, with his arms crossed, and looking down at Jackie who was sleeping peacefully. <o:p></o:p>

“They are wonders, aren’t they? Sleeping so soundly after the scare they got this afternoon.” <o:p></o:p>

Henry smiled. <o:p></o:p>

“I’m not so sure I would be able to sleep as well as them, not knowing who is after them.” <o:p></o:p>

“Yeah, I know. Me too.” <o:p></o:p>

“How about getting Gilbert to check on them while we go and clear up their apartment. I don’t think they want to go back to a ruined home.” <o:p></o:p>

“I agree. They should be pretty safe here.” <o:p></o:p>

With one last look at the ladies, the two men stepped out of the room in search of Gilbert. <o:p></o:p>

“I’m thinking of having them stay at our apartment for the time being.”

“I’m thinking of the same thing too. Do you think they will agree? Especially Annie? You are her boyfriend, I’m sure you know how stubborn she can be sometimes.” <o:p></o:p>

“Not to mention Jackie too.” <o:p></o:p>

“We will just take things one day at a time, huh? Just have to be more on our guard.” <o:p></o:p>

Finally, they managed to locate Gilbert and tell him about their plans before heading off to the ladies’ apartment. <o:p></o:p>

****** <o:p></o:p>

精彩~~追着看中~跳出来支持一下~~

虽然看英语感觉怪怪的,而且速度也受影响但还是相当精彩哈~好多细节都非常像~

“Why do you keep putting your foot in your mouth?”

“What, what did I say?” Peter asked innocently, looking round the
room. It was then he noticed the murderous expressions on both Paul’s and
Henry’s faces. “Oops.”

笑ing 他还是那么狗嘴里吐不出象牙。。。

55555~可怜的俩孩子~~偶们的J和A都还在危险中啊。。。。
期待下文~~

PS:这个炸弹的情节让偶想起《隔世追凶》和《鉴证2》
前者也是送Pizza借机杀人~后者则也是自制炸弹。。。。

we,for our part,admitting the fact that no feat of inlelligence and character is so exacting as that required of two people who desire to live permanently together on a basis of amity,are obsessed by the problem of how to render the basic facts of cohabitation simpler and more reasonable,in order that unhappy marriage may less frequently result.

finally!!:em10: it is so long,but very wonderful,i finished reading this novel for 4 days.i little do one think that hh is so welcome for foreign

On The Way To Paul’s Apartment
The Next Day
8.05pm
“I don’t understand why we have to wait for you guys to fetch us home when we could do so perfectly fine ourselves.” Jackie grumbled. “Now, we gotta pay for one more day of hospitalization.”
Paul looked at her in exasperation.
“Just to ease our minds, alright?”
“Paul’s right.” Henry called from behind them, in the back seat. He squeezed Annie’s hand, smiling at her. “We just want to play safe.”
“Hey, this is not the route to our apartment.”
Annie suddenly sat up straight.
“We are having you ladies over at our apartment for these few days, alright?”
“To play safe again?”
Jackie asked.
Paul nodded.
“Ok, but can we stop over at our apartment first, we want to get some stuff.”
“Sure, your wish is my command.”
Paul grinned, before changing route to the ladies’ apartment.
“Wow, did you guys clean this place up? It’s sparkling clean!”
Jackie burst out, upon entering the apartment.
“Yep, we did that when you were asleep.”
Paul acknowledged.
Annie looked at Henry surprised.
“You came too?”
He nodded sheepishly.
She gave him a hug.
“That’s so sweet of you. I never figure you for that kind of guy.”
Henry returned the hug before speaking.
“What kind of guy?”
“A very sweet guy.”
“Annie, leave that for later, will ya?” Jackie teased. “Don’t forget what we are here for.”
“Alright, alright, I’m coming.”
Annie called back.
Turning, she walked quickly to her room, while Jackie went to hers. It did not take them long to pack whatever they needed, and leave the apartment.
Paul’s Apartment
45 Minutes Later
Paul opened the door and led the way into his apartment.
“Make yourselves at home.”
“We will, it’s not as if it’s our first time here.”
Jackie rolled her eyes.
“Hey, you gals are here!”
Gilbert exclaimed as he came out of his room. He went to the kitchen to pour a couple of drinks for them, before heading to the living room.
“Thanks.”
Both ladies replied, taking the drinks and settling themselves on either side of him on the couch. He looked from one to the other, before asking.
“So, how do you feel? Fully recovered already?”
“We are fine, it’s just that these two guys here are over anxious.”
Annie told him.
“It’s better to be safe than sorry,”
Henry retorted.
Jackie stretched her arms, looking around the room and grinning. “Do you know how long it has been since the five of us actually sat down to talk?” She placed an arm around Gilbert. “And, you, Ah Gil, what have you been so busy with lately? If we didn’t have an accident, we might not have the chance to see you at all.”
“Why would you need to see me when you have Paul?” The latter asked, gingerly taking her hand, and peeling it off his shoulder. “Umm.... Don’t you think you should keep your hands to yourself? Someone might get jealous.”
“Who? Oh, you mean Paul?” Jackie laughed teasingly. “Don’t worry, he knows we are like sisters.”
“What about me?”
Annie asked, pointing to herself.
“Oh, you are my favorite sister.”
Jackie hurriedly answered.
That reply had everyone bursting out in laughter. Thus, for the first time in a long while, the five close friends chatted till the wee hours of the night.
“I can’t take it anymore, my eyes are closing on me. I’m going to wash up and go straight to bed. Goodnight”
Jackie finally announced and bounded off, leaving Paul looking after her helplessly.
“So, where am I sleeping tonight?”
Annie asked.
“Where else? With me, of course.”
“I thought I was going to share a room with Jackie?”
Annie teased.
“When did I say that?” Henry retorted, before turning to return to his room, carrying Annie’s bag along with him. “If you want your things, you’d better come with me.”
“Threatening me?” Annie followed him. “Threats don’t work on me, you know.”
Paul grinned, watching as the two continued to argue on the way to Henry’s room. He, in turn, picked up Jackie’s bag and entered his own room, leaving Gilbert to return to his.

long time no see. hope you all have a happy valentine

A week passed without any further incidents, nor was there any news forthcoming from the police. The two men remained protective of their loved ones, and though the two ladies were appreciative of everything that was done for them, they soon grew tired of it all, given their independent nature. Thus, they decided that it was time for them to return to their own home.
“Are you sure?”
Henry asked, his chopsticks full of noodles halting midway to his mouth. For that week, the two men had been making every effort to have dinner together with the ladies.
Annie nodded.
“Um hmm... Jackie and I decided that it’s time for us to return home, not that we don’t enjoy it here but still, home’s the best.”
“Right! You guys can come over anytime you want.”
Jackie added, with a look at Paul.
“Why are you looking at me like that? I have not said anything yet. I guess no one can dissuade you ladies once you’ve made up your mind, I know how stubborn you can be.”
“What?”
Jackie demanded, with a mock punch at Paul.
“Nothing, what did I say?”
Paul smiled, an innocent look on his face.
“I will let you off this time. So, I guess that’s settled, huh? Annie and I will return home tomorrow.”
“How about after dinner tomorrow, Henry and I will send you home?”
“Sure, we can wait till then.”
Both ladies agreed.
True to their promise, the two guys sent Annie and Jackie home after dinner together.
Annie opened the door to their apartment, and entered it, followed by Jackie and the two guys.
“Oh wow, home sweet home.”
Jackie exclaimed, flinging her bag onto the couch.
“You mean you’ve never like my home all this while?”
Paul pretended to be angry.
“Of course not,” Jackie hastened to pacify him, wrapping her arms around him from behind. “You are the best and I adore your apartment.”
“That’s better.”
Paul grinned.
“I can’t stand you guys.” Henry gave a mock shudder. “How can you be so mushy?”
“Are you jealous?”
Jackie shot out.
“Why would I be?”
Henry retorted, earning an exasperated look from Annie as she rolled her eyes.
“Ignore him, you know how he’s like. So, are the both of you going home or what?”
“If you want us to stay...”
Henry suggested.
“Well, we will be fine with or without you here. The choice is up to you.”
“Looks like we are not wanted here.”
Henry told Paul.
Paul looked at Jackie who gave him a shrug in return.
“Alright then, we won’t spend the night here tonight, maybe tomorrow. We will bring supper.” On so saying, he gave Jackie a hug and a peck on the lips. “Be careful, lock your door. I will come and pick you up for work tomorrow.”
“Paul, I’ll be fine, and I’ll see you at the hospital. Annie can send me to work.”
By this time, Annie had walked Henry to the door and they were saying their own goodbyes.
“Be careful, will ya?”
“Henry, I’ll still be seeing you tomorrow night. We’ll be fine, don’t worry.”
Henry nodded, leaning down to kiss her gently on the lips.
“Goodnight.” Then in a louder tone, he called to Paul. “Paul, are you ready to go yet?”
“Coming!”
The latter replied, walking to the door.
“Now, lock your door.”
“We will, just go.”
Both ladies replied in exasperation, when both guys refused to budge from the door until it was closed

Jackie’s and Annie’s Apartment
The Next Night
10.58pm
“I wonder what’s taking them so long?”
“Why, are you hungry again?” Annie teased Jackie. “I thought you had a lot for dinner just now.”
“I did not.”
“You did. I saw you. Careful, Jackie, you are putting on weight.”
“All the better to crush you with!”
Came the prompt retort, as without warning, Jackie pounced on Annie, causing them both to topple onto the couch.
It was to this scene that Paul and Henry happened upon when they entered the apartment with the key that they had been given. Grinning, they watched as both ladies struggled on the couch, laughing and screaming all the while.
“Doesn’t look as if their lives are in any danger, don’t you think so?”
Henry asked Paul sarcastically.
Paul laughed.
“They sure are enjoying themselves.”
It was then that the presence of the two men was noticed by their respective halves.
“Oh, you are finally here. I thought we had to call the search team or something, it sure took you long enough.”
Jackie said, getting up from her position on top of Annie.
“Yep, and we have one starving doctor here.”
Annie mentioned, earning a glare from Jackie.
“Didn’t you have any dinner?”
Paul asked, coming to the couch to sit beside Jackie.
“I did, am just hungry again.”
She replied before giving him a kiss.
Supper was over before Annie decided to break the news to the two guys.
“Jackie and I are bunking in together in Jackie’s room tonight. You two can take my room.”
Henry looked at Paul in mock horror.
“I’m not sharing a room with him!”
“As if I want to share one with you.”
Paul pretended offense.
“Well, you two can fight it out, we are going to bed. Thanks for the supper.”
Jackie grinned, quickly giving Paul a kiss on the lips before dashing off to her room, followed by Annie.
He sighed, and looked at Henry.
“Looks like it’s only you and I left.”
“Well, we can go home if you like.”
“Do you want to?”
Henry shook his head.
“I guess that settles it then.”
Dressed for bed half an hour later, the two guys were sitting in the living room watching television when they heard laughter drifting out from Jackie’s room.
Jackie snuggled up to Annie, determined not to let her off.
“So, did you or did you not?”
“Did I what?”
“You know what I’m asking. Did you and Henry, you know....”
“Know what?”
“Do you really want me to spell it out for you?”
“I’m going to get a drink. Do you want one?”
Annie evaded answering the question, as she got out of bed to go to the kitchen.
Unfortunately, a persistent Jackie followed her out of bed, all the way to the kitchen.
“So, tell me.”
“Why do you want to know? Why are you so interested anyway?”
Annie questioned.
“Just curious.”
Paul and Henry looked on fascinated, as both Annie and Jackie had seemingly forgotten about their presence, and were now standing infront of them, teasing and pestering each other, blocking their view of the television.
This time, Jackie was taken by surprise when Annie turned the table on her.
“What about you? You only know to tease me, what about yourself?”
“What about me?”
Jackie blushed, immediately freeing her hands from Annie’s shoulders. But before she could move away, her shoulders were gripped by Annie. Before long, they were pushing at each other.
“Ha! It’s your turn now, so confess! Don’t think you can get away so easily.”
“Confess what?”
Jackie shrugged her shoulders, obviously uncomfortable with the question.
“Did you or did you not?”
“Did what?”
Paul called out from his seat, causing them both to swivel their heads around to stare at him before turning back to look at each other. Suddenly, they burst into laughter.
“Sometimes, I wonder if we know what we are getting ourselves into.”
Henry drawled from his position.
“Sometimes, I agree with you on that too.”
Paul replied.
“Sorry, we forgot that you were here. Did we disturb you?”
Jackie asked, having finally wound down from laughing to giggling.
“Let’s go back to bed before we disturb them anymore.”
Annie grinned, seeing an exasperated look in Henry’s eyes. She leaned down to peck him on the lips before heading back to Jackie’s room.
Soon, the whole apartment was quiet as everyone went to bed, except for Annie’s room, where two people could not get to sleep.
Paul placed his arms behind his head as he stared at the ceiling.
“I can’t believe I’m actually sharing a bed with you.”
“I can’t believe it too. Oh man, are we turning into softies? Or are we just too blinded by love. If anyone ever tells me that I would be sharing a bed with Dr. Ching, I would be laughing my head off. Now, it’s a reality.”
Paul laughed.
“Oh come on, I know I’m not Annie, but I can’t be that bad, can I? And to answer your question, I think we are just two guys hopelessly in love, and trying to protect the loves of our lives.”
Henry nodded in the dark, trying to lighten the solemn mood that had seemed to descend over the room.
“Wow, Paul, when did you become so mushy?”

The Next Morning
8.02am
“Good morning!”
Jackie called when she saw Paul coming out from Annie’s room, still dressed in his pajamas.
“Good morning, what time did you get up anyway?”
He asked in return, when he saw the spread of breakfast on the table.
“Just half an hour earlier than you.”
“You don’t have to prepare breakfast, we can just go out and grab a bite, you know.”
Paul said, wrapping his arms around Jackie from behind.
“I always prepare breakfast for Annie anyway, it’s nothing. I just had to prepare more than usual. Go and wash up, breakfast will be ready when you are done.”
Jackie turned her head back to give her fiancé a kiss on the lips.
Paul nodded, returning the kiss before walking off.
“Hey Paul, good morning!”
Annie greeted when she came out of the bathroom dressed for work, passing by him.
“Morning!”
“Henry’s still in bed?”
“Yep! You know how he is.”
Annie nodded, a mischievous look entering her eyes.
“I will go wake him up.”
Quietly, she entered her own room, carrying a glass of water along with her.
“Wake up, lazy pig!”
She yelled, just before pouring the glass of water on his head.
“What the....?”
Henry sat up, sputtering, trying to orient himself, when he caught sight of Annie, bent over with laughter, an empty glass in one hand.
“Serves you right for being such a lazy pig.”
Annie gasped, in between laughter.
“Why, you.....” He sat up, preparing to get out of bed. “Don’t think I won’t retaliate!”
Before he had finished that sentence, Annie had already dashed out of the room, foreseeing revenge.
“Did you have fun?”
Paul asked, when he saw a still grinning Annie exit the room.
“Oh yes, it was the best!”
“Wow, Henry, taking a bath so early in the morning?”
Jackie crowed sweetly, when she caught sight of a dripping Henry entering the living room. That earned her a glare which was later transferred to Annie.
“Alright, alright, breakfast is done. Why don’t you go change and come out to eat?”
Annie soothed, bringing a towel to Henry, and rubbing his head.
“That’s better.”
Finally calm, he grabbed the towel and returned to the room.

有没有那位高人可以翻译一下呀?????????????我除了人名之外是一句也看不懂,,,悲哀呀。。。
一颗彩色心,相信天地有片宽容的胸襟.

突然又有人回这篇,让沉下去的又浮上来~
好好又看了一遍,发现自己还记得这个故事~只是,只是,为什么没了下文?~~偶盼着呢~

She gave him a hug.
“That’s so sweet of you. I never figure you for that kind of guy.”
Henry returned the hug before speaking.
“What kind of guy?”
“A very sweet guy.”
哈哈~这一段果然是很sweet~想象一下A甜蜜的样子~笑~~

“So, did you or did you not?”
“Did I what?”
“You know what I’m asking. Did you and Henry, you know....”
“Know what?”
“Do you really want me to spell it out for you?”
“I’m going to get a drink. Do you want one?”
Annie evaded answering the question, as she got out of bed to go to the kitchen.
Unfortunately, a persistent Jackie followed her out of bed, all the way to the kitchen.
“So, tell me.”
“Why do you want to know? Why are you so interested anyway?”
Annie questioned.
“Just curious.”
哈哈~至今我也觉得奇怪,为什么明明这一篇是英文的对白,却能让偶联想到好多中文的对白呢~例如这一段~感觉好像H1里J追问后得出A“暗恋”的结论那次~笑~
众人还是那么八卦~

还是那句话~偶等着下文呢~^_^

GMT+8, 2024-4-18 09:49 AM, Processed in 0.015074 second(s), 5 queries, Gzip enabled.